Thursday, November 10, 2011

Penny Candy Part II

Back to the Penny Candy tasting. As you know, the Razzles didn't really work out. I'm now completely disappointed, but I can make make it through a few more tests. I think. I should employ a tester. (Anyone seen Chell lately?) So I think I'll put it into phases, one good one that I'm excited about, then one I'm not, then back to excitement. So I don't end up with all the sketchy candy left for the end.

Waxed paper candies next.





Don't they just look delicious? ... No? Maybe.


The Jolly rancher fell into this group because I had nowhere else to put it in for a picture. Pretend it's covered in wax paper too.



Ohhh, God. What. I had to google Mary Janes because it looked really gritty and you can't tell due to the photo filter, but it's. Greyish brown. And it looks gritty. You know what Mary Janes are? Peanut butter and molasses flavored "taffy-type" candy with peanut butter in the center. I can't say there's anything less appealing to me right now than peanut butter taffy-like molasses things with peanut butter inside them.

It sticks to my teeth and tastes like a dog chew toy.

The tootsie roll, jolly rancher and frooties aren't anything special, but if you're like me you're staring at that big giant red and white ball of... I don't know what that reminds you of icecream? A sundae. Red... sauce. Something. It doesn't even have a name on it. It's just a white wrapped wax candy... thing.

Ohh, ohhh. It smells like Peppermint. It's a mint. A chewy mint, and it's actually really good.



These really aren't so old. The only one I haven't tried before is the Swedish Fish, though I have had Swedish berries. It's essentially the same thing, chewy and... fish shaped. Not sure if it's cherry or the same flavor as the berries. My tongue still tingles from the mint thing.

But then we have:


But I don't feel like trying it right now. I think I want to brush my teeth, actually. Next time, I promise. "Sugar Daddy" can wait until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment